Sword & Sorcery is an epic-fantasy cooperative board game in which 1-5 players fight together against the forces of evil, which are controlled by the game system itself.
Ancient Chronicles, a new starting point for the game, is fully compatible with the original immortal souls campaign in terms of gameplay, allowing players to cross over heroes and monsters from one campaign to another. Gameplay remains familiar, but this new cycle also introduces new elements to the setting, expanding both the narrative engine and the mechanisms, without making the game more complex.
The Ancient Chronicles campaign is set in the distant past of the events narrated in the immortal souls campaign.
New features in the game:
- No Game Master needed. Play alone or with up to 5 players together against the game system itself.
- No player elimination. Dying, becoming a ghost soul and resurrecting your Hero are part of the game engine.
- A real story-driven campaign with multiple outcomes, a main plot and several optional Quests.
- World and city exploration, with different paths and ventures to discover.
- Multiple development paths for your Heroes.
- A sophisticated tactical combat system, based on custom ten-sided dice.
- An advanced artificial intelligence engine for Enemies and Master Enemies.
- Customizable difficulty level, thanks to the different options provided with the game rules and granted by the Challenge set.
- Full backward compatibility with Sword & Sorcery: Immortal Souls heroes and enemies.
- Crafting, Loots, Treasures, Traps and many other aspects of a true fantasy legendary adventure are a part of the game!
- Familiars, a new type of faithful companions for all your Heroes.